Those who preordered the limited collector’s edition of Halo 5 are getting a digital copy of the game, but Microsoft previously promised those who made the $250 purchase would be able to receive a physical copy of the game instead.
Players who purchased Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition have between October 20 and November 1 to follow the instructions below in order to claim their Halo 5: Guardians disc.
It’s essential that players do not redeem the digital code received in the collector’s edition before contacting Microsoft customer support in order to make the swap. The instructions are as follows:
- Open the Contact Us page.
- Select “Chat with Microsoft Support” to chat with a support agent.
- Once you’re connected, inform them that you want to exchange your unredeemed digital code for Halo 5: Guardians for a physical disc.
- You’ll need to provide the agent with the following information:
- Your Xbox gamertag
- Your email address
- The token’s 25-character code
- Your address for shipment
While the limited collector’s edition contains a full game download and a ton of extra content, players voiced their opinion went they discovered the most expensive version of the game did not come with a physical disc for the game, while the $100 limited edition did.