There are a lot of great fighters out there. They generally all understand the fact that this genre of games needs to have a wide variety of characters. One of the titles that understands this best is Killer Instinct. No other game has a lycan, an alien, a velociraptor, a cyborg assassin, and a Battletoad duking it out on the same field. Soon, everyone will be able to get their hands on the best version yet.
It was announced by Microsoft that they would be releasing Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition. At its roots, it is a form of the last game in the series, which was released in 2013. This edition, however, is jam packed with a massive amount of additional content. Whether it is downloadable content from past seasons or brand new features, there is something here for everyone.
Here is what Xbox Wire had to say about Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition:
- Every Killer Instinct fighter! That’s 26 characters, including the remastered cast, original fighters like Hisako and ARIA, and special guest characters like Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads and General RAAM from Gears of War
- All 20 stages, with visual upgrades and lighting changes (creating absolutely improved gorgeous fighting sets)
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 for Xbox One – the faithful recreation of the arcade originals
- Special features like every song in the KI archives, every character trailer, and never-before-seen concept artwork
- An interactive universe map with stage location details
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes videos digging into the history, world, and design of this beloved franchise
As a special bonus, those who pick up the game at a retail store will get the Original Soundtrack CD. Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition will release September 20th on Xbox One. You can preorder it now wherever games are sold.