Xbox One users gain access to the Fallout 4 1.2 update today, following its launch on PS4 and PC. In order to download the update, just launch the game whilst connected to the internet and you should be prompted for a download.
This is the first major patch to hit consoles since the game’s release back in November and includes the usual things you’d expect from an early patch. General performance increases, bug fixes, including a game breaking terminal bug in which players would be trapped at a terminal screen. The full list of patch notes can be found below.
Fallout 4 1.2 Patch Notes:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with “When Freedom Calls” where the quest would not complete
- During “Confidence Man” fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
No word on when official modding support or expansions will hit yet outside of the vague 2016 release date. Although it is good to see Bethesda making an effort to improve the game experience on a technical level.