Digital Extremes, the developer behind the free-to-play Warframe, has announced a big update and giveaway for console players to celebrate the game’s third anniversary.
Players who log into the game over the next week will get the Dex Sybaris, a Lotus-themed lever action rifle as well as the anniversary gifts from year one and year two, the Dex Furis and Dex Dakra. Xbox One and PS4 players need to access the game between April 8th at 2:00 p.m. ET and April 15th at 2:00 p.m. ET to get the free weapons.
The free update entitled Sands of Inaros will introduce a new quest, new gameplay modes for Orokin Moon, and the mummy themed Warframe, Inaros.
A full rundown of additions in the update can be found below.
Inaros Warframe: Consume the life of your enemies and embrace a richness of health with Lotus’ newest warrior, Inaros. Use your abilities to siphon the health from those who would defy you, or force their submission by summoning the might of Phobos’ sandstorms.
Inaros’ Abilities are as follows:
- DESICCATION – Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
- DEVOUR – Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
- SANDSTORM – Become a whirling spiral of sand that sends enemies flying and devours those trapped in quicksand.
- SCARAB SWARM – Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
Orokin Moon- New Games Modes: The Orokin Moon tileset has been expanded to include new Game Modes. These additions include:
- Defense, Spy and Capture Missions.
- 20 new environmental tiles.
- Overall improvements to older tileset rooms, including graphical and lighting adjustments.
- LESION – An instrument of unrelenting harm.
- MUTALIST CERNOS – Overcome with Infestation, this bow’s arrows now spread poisonous contagion to any surface they hit.
- DUAL TOXOCYST – Brain-strikes excite this bioweapon, causing it to rapidly release toxic munitions.
- STATICOR – The Staticor fires slow-moving energy bolts that explode upon hitting a surface, dealing Radiation damage in an area of effect.
Trinity Deluxe Skin Collection: Stand out on the battlefield and embrace the dark side of style with the new Trinity Deluxe Skin Collection. This collection of skins features a new Deluxe Skin for Trinity, the Bo Staff skin, and a Trinity-inspired set of armor for your Kubrow companion.
- TRINITY STREGA SKIN – Embrace the dark power that swirls through this Trinity skin.
- BO VOLU SKIN – Enchant the Bo with this skin.
- BRUJA KUBROW ARMOR – Kubrow armor in the style of the Trinity Strega Skin.
Focus 1.1: New ‘Convergence’ Focus-boosting drops will appear in Missions where players have a Focus Lens equipped.
Chat Changes: The Sands of Inaros update also brings a complete overhaul for Warframe’s User Interface, including new features and more intuitive settings for private conversations and player searching.