A brand new update for the PS4 version of Ultra Street Fighter IV has been released, aiming to improve performance as well as fix antialiasing, audio balancing, graphical tweaks and the save game functionality.
On release, Ultra Street Fighter IV famously had a number of issues ranging from visual bugs and glitches, to choppy screen transitions and high saturation for character models. This was especially worrying as EVO draws closer and for players that depend upon split second reactions to compete, a game that lags and glitches would have caused uproar.
The fixes in this patch include:
- “Skip” function mapped to Cross button during cinematics
- Default character costume colors 11 & 12 are now unlocked
- Anisotropic filtering improved on all stages and characters
- Antialiasing added on all stages and characters
- Reduced pixilation on various UI elements
- Multiple audio balancing fixes
- Addressed multi-hit audio issues
- Increased resolution of visual effects
- Sonic Boom graphical fix
- Fixed multiple localization and font issues
- Improved save functionality performance
- “Press Start” replaced with “Press Options”
The game has improved performance as well as many other issues since it’s release according to Sony’s Gio Corsi. However despite the number of patches and updates, the game still does not run as well as the past generation’s Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions and right now those are still the better option for Street Fighter fans.