Though released all the way back in 2004, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Obsidian’s follow up to Bioware’s 2003 original, has received another new update on Steam. Bringing a host of new achievements, increased mod compatibility, and addressing a number of general performance issues, the update is now live.
This is the second surprise update the game has undergone, the first releasing this past July when the game was re-released by Aspyr for Mac and Linux. That update brought Steam Workshop support, achievements, controller support, native widescreen resolution support, support for up to 5K monitors, Steam Cloud saves. As for the most recent update, you can find the full patch notes below.
- Added 20 user-generated achievements (see pinned thread for details)
- Fixed an issue with Pet Rock achievement not unlocking in TSLRCM
- Fixed a crash when adding more than five mods
- Fixed two issues tied to Mouse Look
- Fixed an issue with the controller menu appearing on top of dialog screens
- Fixed an issue with Kreia not disappearing properly on Korriban
- Fixed a shader issue causing NPC droid eyes to not be illuminated
- Fixed an issue with alternate dialog not appearing after multiple play-throughs
- Changed the behavior of the Light/Dark Side point achievements
- Fixed a crash connected to the M4-78 mod
- Fixed multiple issues with a spinning camera when certain third-party devices are connected
- Fixed multiple issues connected to DPI Scaling
- Fixed an issue with the screen being offset on high refresh-rate monitors
- Fixed an issue with sounds continuously repeating after moving away from the sound source
- Change to cloud-saves, automatically lower-casing files so they can be read on Linux
In related Star Wars news, a new trailer just recently released for Star Wars Episode VII, all while DICE and EA are gearing up to launch Battlefront, announcing the game’s $50 season pass and $120 Ultimate Edition.