World of Warcraft is a phenomenon that has been a huge part of millions of players’ lives for over a decade now. It caused a surge of MMORPG’s, none of which ever became as successful, and has created a community unlike any other. The latest expansion, Legion, is less than 24 hours away. While it is uncertain how veteran World of Warcraft fans will feel about the expansion, here are some details of its release.
Legion is releasing in North America 12:00 am PT August 30th. This is the same time it will be released in Latin America, 12:00 am PT or 4:00 am BRT, and in Australia/New Zealand at 5:00 pm AEST. Along with this and the launch of Legion PvP Season 1, which begins on September 20th, Blizzard has released another set of dates and events that every World of Warcraft should make note of. Here they are below:
- Tuesday, August 30–When Legion is live, dungeons will immediately be available on Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic dungeon difficulty will become available at 8am PDT in alignment with the weekly dungeon reset time.
- Tuesday, September 20–The Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens on Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic Keystones will begin dropping which will allow increased challenge and rewards from Mythic dungeons.
- Tuesday, September 27–Mythic difficulty for the Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens. The first wing of Raid Finder difficulty for Emerald Nightmare opens.
- Tuesday, October 11–Raid Finder Wing 2 of Emerald Nightmare opens.
- Tuesday, October 25–Raid Finder Wing 3 of Emerald Nightmare opens.
A new era of World of Warcraft is upon us. Will you be ready?