Following rumors and speculation of the Predator being a playable character in the upcoming Mortal Kombat X; he is now officially confirmed within the Kombat Pack DLC. He will be available alongside Jason Voorhees and two other past characters: Tanya and Tremor.
These 4 DLC characters will be available as mentioned in the Kombat Pack which will cost an extra $29.99 USD or is included in the Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition, Premium and Limited Editions. Each character will have their own ‘sub pack’ within the Kombat Pack based on the ‘Klassic’, Horror and Predator theme. The layout of DLC is as shown, taken from the Destructoid post:
“The Ultimate Horror Pack”
- Playable character Jason Voorhees
- Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac
“The Klassic Pack #1”
- Playable character Tanya
- Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang
“The Predator / Prey Pack”
- Playable character Predator
- Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax
“The Klassic Pack #2”
- Playable character, Tremor
- Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao
Something very interesting has also come up from this announcement; it would appear Liu Kang will also be a returning character alongside Jax. Staples yes, but it’s still up in the air exactly who should be put into the game and who shouldn’t. I’m glad to see them however.
I know 30 extra dollars on top of buying the base game is a bit much; but you know damn well as much as I do, that you’ll buy this because IT’S PREDATOR!