It’s official, Batman: Arkham Knight has taken the top spot for the sale of physical copies in June.
The NPD report showed that Batman: Arkham Knight is the second best-selling game of 2015 with Mortal Kombat X in first place. However if console bundles were included in this number that Barman: Arkham Knight would certainly have first place; in fact the NPD report notes that the Playstation 4 version had the “highest sales for a single SKU across any Batman game since NPD has been tracking the industry.”
NPD focus’s on the number of physical copies sold and does not take into account digital copies.
It’s not very surprising that Arkham Knight is at the top of the NPD report list for best-selling physical games however other games such as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Splatoon and The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited also made it into the top 10.
The top 10 games are below and the order of platforms shows where the game sold best:
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XBO, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (XBO, PS4, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PC)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, XBO)
- NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
The NPD Group have also reported that the total for physical game sales has increased by 18% compared to June 2014.
NPD also reported that Warner Bros. Interactive is the top publisher for 2015 with a sales increase of over 200% compared to the first half of 2014. So far the publisher has published games such as The Witcher 3, Dying Light, Mortal Kombat X and Batman: Arkham Knight this year and had plenty more games to come.
According to The NPD Group, the Playstation 4 was the best selling console of the month mostly due to the PS4’s Batman: Arkham Knight bundle.