A month ago I did a review for the game Armello, an incredibly beautiful and enjoyable virtual tabletop-style game. It was brought to my attention that the team hasn’t been sitting on their laurels for the month since its release, but have been working hard to pump out fixes and new updates. Today they have announced the upcoming Armellians Roar update. It will be available for both the PC and PS4 versions as of November 10th, 2015.
The update will provide a plethora of new content including:
- House Rules: A new system that will allow players to set up custom rules for each game.
- Pacing improvements which will speed up the game through settings which include a fast forward button for single player matches and ‘Quick A.I. Turns’ which is a mode to increase A.I. speed.
- A bunch of new weapons and armor, of which have some sly Easter egg references for fans of another great indie game Darkest Dungeon. There is also two new hero-augmenting amulets.
- Improved stability and security in multiplayer
- Localization improvements and upgrades for all currently available languages.
- PlayStation 4 players will also enjoy bigger font sizes and UI optimizations for a better gaming experience.
- Much more, check it out!
The Armellians Roar update marks the very first major update for the team, and looks to not be the last. Besides, there’s still the promised 4th clan that has yet to make their debut for non-backers. Founder and director of League of Geeks, the developing studio assures fans that
“The new update addresses the many requests we received for more customization options and house rules. We look forward to continuing our dynamic relationship with Armello fans, improving Armelloin concert with our community as we have since the start of our Kickstarter campaign.”
Armello was released on September 1st, 2015. It is available for purchase with DRM on Steam, Humble Bundle and the PlayStation Store for $19.99 USD. For those of you who don’t want to be locked down to DRM, you can grab it here at GOG.