Included in Halo 5: Guardians’ most recent free DLC package, Cartographer’s Gift, are two new assassinations. Revealed in a 343 Industries blog post, the new assassination animations, dubbed Nice Try and Oh Snap, are brutally accurate and deadly.
Other notable features includes in Halo 5’s free DLC, out this week, are the addition of Forge mode, new armor and accessory aesthetics, and several new maps.
Forge has been rebuilt from the ground up for Halo 5: Guardians. Giving more power and control to the Forge community was the primary goal, and community feedback will continue to fuel the evolution of Forge. Here are just some of the features launching with Forge in Cartographer’s Gift:
- Grouping – Groups can be created dynamically with a single button press. Select more objects and press the button again to add to the group or press the button again to split the group up.
- Multi-Select/Edit – Forgers can select and manipulate up to 64 individual objects at one time (more if combined with Groups); movement, rotation, property editing, everything you’re able to do to a single object.
- 1700+ Objects – Forgers can expect a variety of pieces from primitive shapes, structure parts, accent pieces, detail props, and gameplay objects custom built for Forge. Mix them in with weapons, turrets, and power-ups makes this the ultimate Forge.
- Light Objects – Place real light objects in the world to light up interior spaces or just enhance a location on a map. Light objects have a whole slew of properties; point and spot types, light color/distance/falloff, light cone shape/size, lens flairs, and more.
- Light Fixtures – Additional light fixture objects such as light posts, beacon lights, etc. that come with lights built into them making it possible to set dress and light a space at the same time.
- Primary, Secondary, & Tertiary Colors – In addition to over 100 colors available, the vast majority of the Forge building pieces have tunable primary, secondary, and tertiary color change sections on them. This allows objects color variations from the blatantly oblivious to very subtle. Many also support changing the matte/metallic reflective properties of the color surface as well.
For an in depth break down of all the presents included for players in Cartographer’s Gift, be sure to check out 343 Industries blog post.
What are your thoughts on the new assassinations and reworked forge mode? Let your thoughts be known though commenting below!