Paragon’s developers Epic Games have been hard at work creating the third person multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) for both the PlayStation 4 and PC.
Although the game will be free to play, there have already been several incentives for gamers to buy into the game already; including being able to buy into the beta.
In a surprising turn of events, however, Epic Games has announced on the PlayStation blog that they will be selling the game for $60 while still offering it as free to play. And they aren’t giving away expensive founder packs, either. This will be the “Essentials Edition” of Paragon.
According to the announcement the contents are worth over $160, and you’ll only be paying $59.99 for it. So if you’re interested in Paragon, this may be worth it. You can find a complete list of whats included below.
- 6,000 Paragon Coins (worth $60).
- In-game currency to spend on additional Master Challenges, skins, boosts, and other items that I’ll see as you stand over my corpse.
- Five Hero Master Challenges.
- Each Master Challenge immediately grants a Challenger skin and permanent XP boost, plus unlocks unique rewards as you play, including a taunt (that you’ll use on me) and the Master skin.
- Includes Master Challenges for Twinblast, Sevarog, Iggy & Scorch, and two soon-to-be-announced Heroes.
- Five Skins, including the launch-exclusive Wasteland Twinblast skin.
- For now, you can only get the Wasteland Twinblast skin in the Essentials Edition.
- Five Rep Boosts (each lasts for three wins).
- Rep boosts speed up how quickly you earn Rep, which you can spend on card packs, Master Challenges, and more.
The Essentials Edition can be pre-ordered at Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, and Walmart.