SteamWorld Heist has been delayed on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
Image & Form Games has announced that SteamWorld Heist will not make its previous May release. The developer stated that the delay is related to “publishing, localisation and quality insurance.”
“We’re working closely together with the fantastic people over at Sony to get the game out as fast a possible,” the developer stated. “Thanks for being patient with us!” The developer then gave a few reasons for the game’s delay:
- You’ll get an even better version of SteamWorld Heist when it hits PlayStation. Lame excuse, I know, but it’s true!
- You have a few more days to clear your backlog and/or your clutter (I’m looking at you, messy wardrobe!).
- You’ll have another week to pre-order the game for a nice discount if you’re in Europe or Australia.
- You can finally get around to watching Game of Thrones, or another show you’ve been putting off watching for ages.
- You can practice speedrunning SteamWorld Dig. The current world record is 22 minutes and 57 seconds (crazy!). Think you can beat that?
SteamWorld Heist will release on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on June 7th in North America, and on June 8th in Europe and Australia.