Get ready to have some fun in the sun with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s August update. The update includes new swimwear uniforms that your FOB staff can equip themselves with.
“In addition to your security guards, you yourself can also dress down when infiltrating enemy FOBs,” Konami said on their official website. “Look forward to a variety of designs as future Event FOB rewards. Find a stylish look that suits you, and show any and all trespassers there’s no lifeguard at this party!”
Additional details on the summer update can be read below:
- Swimwear designs are online development items. Develop them by going to [DEVELOPMENT] after obtaining them as an Event Points reward.
- To have FOB security guards wear swimwear, go to [SECURITY SETTINGS] -> [ADVANCED SETTINGS] and set the use of special gear (swimwear).
- Your soldiers can also wear swimwear when invading an enemy FOB, but neither Snake nor your avatar soldier can wear it.
- To view staff in swimwear, after equipping it, go to [FOB MISSION] -> [TRAINING/VISIT DESTINATION] and select your FOB, then proceed to training or visit.
- Mother Base staff in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (the main game) cannot wear swimwear.
The Phantom Pain launched September of 2015 and is currently available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The update is live now on all platforms.