Jagex Game Studio, the developer behind the upcoming strategy card game Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, has announced an open beta that will hit PCs on March 23, 2016.
The open beta will see a host of new content including deeper gameplay, new modes, progression, customization, and two new Legends.
“If the thoroughly successful closed beta formed Chronicle’s prologue, the arrival of its open beta phase on March 23 marks the beginning of chapter one,” Senior Producer Mark Killey said in a statement, “We’re introducing a host of new additions, including new Legends, the new Dungeoneering mode, skilling, customization and fresh environments to quest through.”
Killey continued, “Our community has been vocal in praising Chronicle’s evolutionary gameplay mechanics – it’s the only CCG that offers a huge sense of adventure as each game plays out. By playing four cards at once, the rules are very different, which means so are the strategies, deck management and the play-by play-game experience.”
A full list of changes included in the open beta can be found below.
- Additional Legends: Two new playable Legends will emerge with Venescula the Vampyre entering the fray as Chronicle’s fifth playable character, bringing 30+ new cards and a brand new way to play with her – blood will be spilled! The sixth Legend to be introduced is Morvan, the greatest Slayer Master that players can lead through his own monstrous style of questing.
- Dungeoneering: A new mode that tasks players with creating a drafted deck and battling their way through ever increasing PvP challenges. Draft your way to victory in a quest for Coins, Gem Shards and Platinum.
- Skilling: Core to the wider RuneScape experience is Skilling, and Chronicle will continue that legacy by introducing its own system. Every action performed in Chronicle will grant experience points in one of the game’s skills, which will then lead to some juicy customization unlocks.
- Legend Customization: Players will finally be able to make their Legend their own with Chronicle’s first collection of skins, which are earned by leveling up a Legend, or unlocking them within the Chronicle Store. With the resulting outfits, players will be able to customize their Legend and face their rival in style.
- Leaderboards: It’s not the winning; it’s the taking part that counts. Right? Screw that! Leaderboards will shine a light on those epic players that make up the best of the Bronze, Silver & Gold leagues. Every victory takes you one step closer to the top.
- New Environments – The Wilderness Crater & Barrows: Not one, but two new locations will be bursting through the pages of Chronicle in open beta adding some fire and brimstone to your adventures.